Climate Clarity is looking for a bright self-starter to cover Parental Leave of 3-4 months, starting in March/April 2023. Position is part-time (flexible) and mostly remote. Fun, fast-moving start-up culture.
Read on to learn more about the role!
We are a dynamic climate education start-up looking for a bright self-starter to cover parental leave of 3-4 months, with the opportunity to extend to a permanent position if the fit is right.
We are considering applications for part-time positions of between 1 and 3 days a week.
Deadline: We ask for all applications to be submitted before end of day on Friday 10th March 2023.
Compensation: £25,000 – £30,000 pro rata, negotiable based on experience and need.
- Remote working
- Regular in-person events and co-working days
- Travel to workshops across the UK, if facilitating
- Applications considered from all over the UK.
Responsibilities vary day-to-day, in the manner of an early start-up. Would suit someone who likes getting stuck into whatever needs doing and wants to learn lots of new skills.
We work to our strengths and there is a lot of flexibility on what you choose to do; we have a loosely self-organising workflow.
We’re looking for candidates who can take on some (not all!) of the following tasks:
– Communicating with clients to organise workshop logistics (email and calls)
– Liaising with external facilitators and briefing them before workshops
– Writing up events and sustainability news pieces for our website
– Designing graphics for online marketing and sales purposes
– Researching new workshop formats and topics that clients might want
– Improving our website and designing new pages (no coding required!)
– Pitching workshops to potential clients
– Facilitating Climate Fresk workshops for communities, schools and corporate clients
– Training and mentoring less experienced facilitators (if applicable)
Note on facilitating: for this role, it’s not essential for you to facilitate workshops. If you want to learn, we have a lot of experience in our team and can offer training and coaching to skill you up as a facilitator.
Familiarity with the Climate Fresk is useful but not essential. Enthusiasm for raising climate awareness and empowerment is vital. We care a lot about our work and want to meet candidates who care too!
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We will then be in touch to arrange an interview, either in London or on a video call.
Climate Clarity is a community interest company based in the South East of England. We run the Climate Fresk workshop in schools, community groups, and companies to help raise awareness of the climate crisis and empower people to take effective action. We push teams and groups to think big and think strategically, in order to identify their most high-impact actions.
Our current mission is to spread the Climate Fresk workshop as far and wide as possible in the UK. The workshop is well-established in France, where it was conceived, and we’re working to grow its presence and impact in the UK. We want meaningful, actions-driven climate education to become the norm across all industries and in all educational institutions. We want everyone to have access to basic climate science and spaces to explore what to do about the crisis together.